WHO WE ARE
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Implementations Post-Sales @ Zeal is responsible for understanding a customer’s objectives and creating the vision for how Zeal will get them where they want to go. We want you to build relationships that influence deals. Own the discovery & technical elements of a value-oriented sales cycle, execute masterful presentations & demos that inspire customers to imagine their future with Zeal.
You will be the first Implementations Post-Sales on the engineering team, which means there will be lots of problems to solve and a big impact to be made.
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- We definitely want you to work collaboratively with our strategic and channel partnership members, customer success advocate and engineers to provide the best onboarding experience for our clients
- Focus on post-sales and integrations with clients and sit on a sales demo from time to time
- One day you could be handling bug reports, troubleshooting issues and the next you could be performing a demo for one of our soon-to-be clients and the next researching on technical best practices to help optimize our client's API implementation.
- Brainstorming with our Partnerships team on how to creatively close our prospective clients
- We want to position our product across multiple different domains (gig economy, 3rd party employment providers, software companies, etc) which means no two clients are the same and their needs will also be unique. We hope you like context switching ;-)
- You will be speaking with technical and non-technical audiences about our various platform products (taxes, components, payments and services) and you will be the "technical go-to person" for our clients
- As the first solutions engineer — documentation and streamlining work-flows will be paramount and there will definitely be opportunities to grow with Zeal as we continue to scale
- 3+ years in a similar client-facing role (sales engineering, consulting, implementation, customer success) at a software company
- World-class communication and demonstration skills; experience and confidence providing information and illustrating clear value propositions to highly skilled audiences ranging from on the ground individual contributors up to C-level executives
- Experience and comfort with discussing API frameworks and RESTful integrations
- Curiosity and a drive to learn something new each day that you can apply back to your work or your team’s work; you’re constantly looking for opportunities to grow
- Start-up experience
- Interest in solving problems in the growing embedded payroll landscape
Zeal is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 100% coverage health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and equity for all employees
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
- Awesome Zeal Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time-to-time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders or hiring manager
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
Zeal is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WHO WE ARE