WHO WE ARE
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are looking for a full-time rock star to help us own an end-to-end strategic project within compliance and finance for Zeal’s new multi-jurisdictional strategy. You will work under the mentorship of our General Counsel to work on an exciting and complex project that has the capability to help millions of underserved and put a multiplier in the company's corporate value! It's a big task with a lot of responsibility - but we think you can do it!!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Researching regulatory licensing and compliance requirements in the US with support from external subject matter experts
- Create plans to meet relevant regulatory and compliance requirements with support and guidance from internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the execution of meeting relevant regulatory and compliance requirements
- Perform various administrative and project management tasks as they arise
- Negotiate with and persuade government officials to align with business needs
- Communicate with stakeholders and various other departments on key findings
- Coordinate with other company functions to create necessary artifacts
- Above all else, default to action and deliver results
- 1-2 years experience (new grads welcome), previous experience as a project manager, operations, compliance analyst, law clerk, campaign consultant, or researcher in a professional or internship atmosphere - previous experience in business development is also a plus!
- Strong project management skills with ninja like capabilities for managing multiple projects and timelines with ease and efficiency
- Great communicator & skilled negotiator - you are not shy to jump on a phone call with someone you've never met
- You love to organize and plan; you are extremely self-driven to complete projects on time and sometimes you do a little extra — just because you can
- You thrive in ambiguity and are self-directed, you ask for help when you need it and iterate upon past learnings with a strong bias towards action
- You are interested in a career within fin-tech, legal, or operations with a great mentor who will work side-by-side with you!
- Degree in Law, Business, Applied Science, Psychology, Information Sciences, or any type of engineering degree
- Previous experience working with state or local government agencies with licensing responsibilities
Zeal is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 100% coverage health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and equity for all employees
- Flexible time off
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
- Awesome Zeal Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time-to-time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders or hiring manager
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
Zeal is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WHO WE ARE