WHO WE ARE
We are a modern, embedded payroll provider that helps empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API we are pioneering an all inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $14 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm) and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless and forward thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team here in San Francisco!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT TEAM
We are looking for our first product hire here at Zeal. As a founding Product @ Zeal you will manage 4 different product lines within our payroll infrastructure and will help lay down the foundations for the product team to grow and scale. You will be an active participant in discussions with stakeholders, engineering and design to help ship beautiful products that our users love. If you are on board for a large scope product role with the ability to wear many hats and define an amazing fin-tech product, this may be the role for you!
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Work on all our current products within Tax, Payments, Components and Services and brainstorm with stakeholders and engineering for new features and products to delight our customers
- Write and maintain user stories per changing product and engineering requirements
- Liaise between various teams to manage project scope
- Maintain accurate, up to date internal documentation and release notes
- You will partner in product discovery and lead product delivery to ensure the final, shipped product matches the expectations of the customer
- You will be the swiss army knife of product managers; owning a large product scope rather than a small slice which means you will be the glue in helping things run smoothly and getting things done on time.
- Report on project status and key metrics
- Set strategy for the product team this year and beyond!
- 3+ years experience as a technical Product Manager or similar role (Technical Project Manager, etc) preferably at a start-up
- Previous roles/education in software engineering or computer science.
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition for a B2B related product
- Skilled at product strategy and roadmapping
- You have experience with task and project management as well as some analytics tools
- Adept at white-boarding and have an ability to conduct customer and user surveys to optimize the current and future product roadmap
- A keen sense for prioritization and are flexible to iterate on changing business requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and you are an adept partner to stakeholders, engineers, designer and other staff members
- Experience working in: finance, information systems or an API ecosystem
- Customer driven product development experience, you think about the problem first and question the ‘why’ behind how we build our products
- Interest in payroll, HR, and the fin-tech landscape
Zeal is located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 100% coverage health, dental and vision
- Competitive salary and equity for all employees
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Free snacks and drinks and Friday happy hours
- Awesome Zeal Swag
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time-to-time, but we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: Chat with our recruiter or hiring manager
Step 2: Chat with one of our founders or hiring manager
Step 3: Take-Home Assignment
Step 4: Presentation/Final Interview with the team
Zeal is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WHO WE ARE