Skills & Requirements
About JW Inc. (stealth online learning)
This is a 3 month old stealth online learning company, created by John Danner, a serial entrepreneur. We currently have four fulltime employees, everyone in engineering. John was CEO of two previous companies - NetGravity, the first adserver company taken public in 1998 and sold for $750M in 1999 and Rocketship Education, the first blended learning schools in the country. The purpose of our new company is to make "knowing" something 100x easier than today, in the same way that Google made finding something 100x easier a decade ago. We work incredibly hard and strongly value great coders and architects who can think deeply about what teachers, parents, and students need online to knock down the walls to learning. We want people who believe you can do good and do well at the same time. If that's you, send us an email.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?